Sunday, January 10, 2010

Favorite First Times... 12/8/2008

MagicalPeaceGirl posted a blog about first times last week.  It got me to thinking about my favorite first times.  And no, I'm not talking about THOSE, you silly goose.

Wonder Virgin Pants

I remembered one of my favorites was decorating my marital home for Christmas the first year I was married.  Oh, how I LOVED putting up the tree in that TINY efficiency apartment!  I think we had two or three ornaments that were really OURS.  One of our ornaments was a heavy pewter ornament of the Opryland Hotel where we'd spent our honeymoon.  We'd had the year engraved on the back.  We had our ornament from the year before on there too.  The rest were store bought balls to fill in the space. I loved creating a home for Christmas though.  I loved having OUR home to come home to.

Christmas Tree Home Screen

I also mentioned how I loved the first time my daughter played in the grass.  Watching her little feet and legs kick at it.  Watching her chubby little hands grasp at this cool green stuff was so neat.  She was a spnge, soaking everything in.

f014.jpg What is Grass image by allicadabra

Bill the Plumber looked over my shoulder the night I commented on magicalpeacegirl's blog and said I loved the first time I met him.  He's right.  I did.  We met through mutual friends.  We had been friends for awhile, but never met face to face.  I hadn't planned on actually liking him as much as I did.  I knew I loved talking to him.  I liked his wit.  I figured I would enjoy his company.  Oh, and THAT first kiss? Fabulous!

IMG00278.jpg image by allicadabraa
 
I loved the first time I deposited my first paycheck after my divorce, knowing I was going to be able to make it on my own.  I was going to be alright.  Things were still tight, bills still weren't getting paid, but I was going to stand on my own two feet.  Just like my Gangan used to say, "Everything's gonna be alright."
paycheck
 
I loved the first time I made decisions based solely on what was best for myself and my daughter.  When I finally decided everyone else that thought they had a say but really just wanted me to do what they wanted me to do for appearances could go to hell and I stood up for US, THAT was a GREAT day!
damagedpeople-1.jpg image by allicadabraa
The first time my daughter told me I wasn't her best fwiend anymore has become a favorite moment of mine.  She's growing up.  My Mamaw always told my mom every stage is precious.  It truly is.  I see little babies now and try to remember how little my daughter used to be.  It's getting harder everyday.  I am simply trying to enjoy her NOW.  She gets bigger everyday.
IMG00970.jpg image by allicadabraa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers