Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh Man, I'm So Old... 4/6/2009

Last Friday night I discovered something that shocked the heck outta me.  Somewhere along the way I've gotten old.  I've matured.  I've become cautious. 

adults.png adults image by dejavudream17

Friday night Bill and I went down to see my little sister and her bff.  We went to a movie and then WalMart.  Fun times in a small town.  Anyway, after WalMart we decided to go cruising.  I used to do this EVERY Friday night (well, nearly) and LOVED the wind in my hair, the street racing feel, and the bit of danger it involved.  There were always cops to watch out for so you wouldn't get popped for speeding (which we all were, just a little) and little ole grannies too stupid to stay off the strip on a Friday night.  I used to corner my compact around the U-Turn without a qualm.  I used to zoom in and out of traffic and follow too closely hoping to get a glimpse of that adorable guy in the huge truck. 


 

Yeah, me and my gfs did it like that...

Friday night?  I was terrified!  I was in the back seat of her gold Navigator with my little sister while Bill rode up front.  I can't tell you how many times I grabbed the chicken handle.  I can't tell you how many times I threw my hand over my eyes so I wouldn't see us rear end someone.  I lost count of the times I slammed my imaginary brakes. 

navi.jpg Lincoln Navigator image by parscars

Another version of "Wynona" the elderly Navigator

When did I become such an old fogey?  When did riding like that cease to be fun and become a death trap to me?  How did that happen???  I swear when we stopped for gas I jumped out of the vehicle and yelled, "LAND!"  I was so happy to be on steady ground.  But I did get back in.  I decided I'd be ok, after all, Bill was beside her and could take over if she freaked out.

big_621003.jpg a best friend image by jlharrill

We did have a great time, laughing, joking, talking about boys.  Bill went right along with the flow.  On the way back to Nashville I got caught up in the reckless behavior and started distracting my driver.  It was all in good fun though.  Sometimes cutting loose is the best.

l_e60b1ef0bfd78a84b9f876a771c94dbe.jpg ROAD HEAD image by gl0nthedark


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers