Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's times like these I wish I could call my mom 8/13/2009

My lil one was sick last weekend.  She just wasn't herself.  We were camping and I assumed the heat had gotten to her.  The weekend before she had had a virus with fever.  Monday she had seemed okay that morning so she went to school.  When I went to pick her up she was asleep.    Her tummy hurt, she had refused to go poop in the bathroom facilities at the camp ground, and she was all stopped up.  I was concerned.  I tend to do the normal first time mom thing and spaz about her at every little thing. 

Bill made the point that I needed to try to clean her out.  I headed to WalGreen's to try to figure something out and on the way felt a pang of longing for the days when I could simply call my mom.  I called my dad's sister, my aunt, instead.  You see, my cousin had told me once whenever I felt like I didn't have a mom or daddy to call them.  She said they'd be there.  They were.  Aunt D gave me some advice and some sympathy.  It was just what I needed. 

I picked up some PediaLax chewable tablets after consulting with the pharmacists and Aunt D.  I aldo grabbed some apple juice, also Aunt D's advice.  It worked QUICKLY.  By dark C was bouncing around and acting like her old self once again.

I cannot express how much it meant to me that Aunt D treated me like her own.  She was kind and compassionate, and really filled a huge void at the time.  I mentioned it to my cousin today and she said, "Well, you'll always be family!" 

I emailed my mom a couple of recent photos of C last night.  It went to her school address and I don't know if they're back in school yet.  Oh well.  I know it will do her good to see them.  I really miss my family but my parents aren't the only family I have and for that I am very greatful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers