Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mother's Day 2009 5/11/2009

We loaded up Saturday and headed down to see Nana, Bill, C, K, and me. Yes, on the day of my college graduation I went to see my Nana.  She was pretty impressed she "rated" high enough for my to ditch the ceremony for her.  That was where I wanted to be anyway.  While there Bill hung some large pictures in Nana's new apartment and generally charmed the pants off my Nana, my aunt, and my cousin. Some men have it, some men don't. BILL is loaded with it. Last weekend my father informed my 83 year old alzheimer's suffering Nana that he and I were fighting. All that did was make her upset and worry. She worries about every little thing. Then she told me she was worried about her yard getting done since my dad took her mower back to his home in Tennessee. I was beyond disgusted when she told me, "I don't know why he took my mower. Its not like her ever comes and mows." My dad? Has three mowers sitting under his carport already.

Right before we left Bill told Nana he would bring anchors so we could hang her mirror and sconces where she wanted them in the fire barrier wall. She told him he didn't need to make a special trip. He smiled that charming smile of his and said, "Well, Nana, when you think about it, every trip down here is pretty special." *Swoon* Even my aunt looked at me and said, "Oh, that was good."  Some men have it, some men don't.  HE is loaded with it.

When we left she hugged him and told him in not so many words she wanted to hate his guts but can't because he's such a special person. She hates that were not married. I hate that she worries. At this point if we don't bring it up, she doesn't remember and doesn't get upset.  She told me several times I am the only one that comes and does anything.  That's not true, my cousin is there a lot too.  But my younger sister is at the mercy of my parents and she can't come all the time.  My older sister is a SAHM of three small children and doesn't get up there much.  My older cousin is a flight nurse in Florida so it's not a hop skip and jump for her.  I simply want to spend time with her and I want my daughter to know her.  It's just what you do for family.  She did lament several times how she hasn't seen my mom in "I don't know when."  I hate that she misses mom and loves her so much and never sees her.  She really thinks of her as a daughter.  Once again, Que Sera, Sera.

K loved and hugged and charmed Nana and my cousin so much that they were begging us to bring him back.  We hadn't gotten out of the parking lot at Nana's assisted living when K was already asking when he was going to get to see "his" cousin again.  He's a charmer.  C was more subdued.  There were storms moving through and she tends to react badly to pressure changes.  She cuddled with my cousin at dinner and enjoyed that. 

Everytime Bill and I go and visit he endears himself to me more and more.  He takes care of my family like he takes care of his own.  He is kind and patient with Nana and with C.  He is personable with everyone.  And the women in my family are starving for positive nonsexual male attention.  He's got that in spades.  I am a very lucky woman.

Yesterday I slept until 10ish.  I think I was supposed to get up around nine but vaguely remember telling Bill, "I DON'T WANT TO!"  We took the kids with us to a flower place in Nolensville.  On the way we were stopped at a red light and didn't go as fast as the guy behind us wanted us to.  He honked.  Bill went on and then all of a sudden we stopped.  I heard brakes squealing and Bill was out of the jeep and at the other driver's door before I could react.  The other driver, fresh from Sunday church, by the way, had been flipping us off and jumping his wheel driving WAAAAAY too close.  Bill handled it and got back in the Jeep.  He had gotten so upset because we had the children in with us.  If we hadn't, he said he wouldn't have been so worried.  I just can't help but wonder what the preacher talked about at that man's church that morning...?

The flower place we wanted to go to was closed to we headed to Lowe's.  I put the little ones in the race car cart and walked around with them while they "drove" and Bill picked out a burning bush and a few other things for the yard.  The kids bickered like preschoolers will.  C accidently poked K in the eye and the rest of the day he kept asking me if it was bleeding.  I heard plenty of "She's touching me!"s and "You have your OWN wheel!"s  Four different people wished me Happy Mother's Day.  Ah, children...

When we got back the little ones picked flowers for their mommies all afternoon.  They got filthy but were so happy.  They even ran around for about thirty minutes singing a made up song, "It's happy flower day!" over and over and over.  They are happy children.

We took K back to his mom's house and talked to his older sister for awhile.  She is graduating this Friday from high school.  She's quite excited and I don't blame her.  Bill looked at her car to see if he could fix a few things on it and I ran and got us all icecream.  It was nice, sitting in the yard, hanging out.  I didn't wear a watch all day.  I loved it!

We have finished The West Wing at home and have started on my show, Alias.  I own all six seasons.  It's bringing back a lot of memories.  I fell asleep with Bill's arms around me. 

Happy Mother's Day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers