Sunday, January 10, 2010

I will no longer be your victim 11/21/2008

I hate that you have this much power over me.  I hate that you make me angry when you don't even talk to me.  I hate that you make the lives of my mother and sister miserable.  I hate that nothing is ever your fault.  I hate that you made my mother write me and my sisters a letter of apology when she has nothing to apologize for.  I hate that you seriously think we never saw Jesus in her growing up because you think your authority was undermined as head of the household.  The truth is the if I ever saw Jesus in anyone, it was her.  Daily she woke up, stood by you as your wife, despite the way you belitted her, begrudgingly shared your home with her, emotionally abused her and her children.  She did what she believes is her duty as your wife.  She submits to her husband but I certainly don't see you loving her as Christ loved the church.  Whenever I needed a parent you were working.  I hated that.  I always hated that I always knew she'd be there and you weren't.  That's why I especially now hate you're making life hell for her and my sister.  If anything, you undermined your own authority in our house by treating your wife, who you were supposed to treat as the bride of Christ, and your children, who were supposed to be your treasures, as lower beings to take out your frustrations on. 

I'm through.  I'm through treading on eggshells to not piss you off.  I'm through acting like everything's fine.  I will no longer be your victim.  From this day forward you have no power over me.  DO YOU HEAR ME?  NONE! 

 

Today I break free.

damaged


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers