Sunday, January 10, 2010

Things I've Learned Since Moving to Nashville Part 2 7/9/2008

1. Some things can't wait to be fixed...

 

I am cooking dinner, taking up quite a bit of counter space, spread out.  I am chopping vegetables, slicing chicken, etc.  Let's just say there's not much room in the galley style kitchen.  The new refridgerator in his house, the second in as many weeks due to remodels at his jobs, is vibrating somewhere in the freezer.  I hear commotion behind me and when I turn around to grab a pot all of the contents of the freezer are strewn all over the stove and remaining counter.  He is shoulder deep into the freezer mumbling what sounds pretty close to, "It's not (unintelligible part name) so what is it?" 

More parts come out of the freezer as I simply move things off the stove and continue to prepare dinner.  He apologizes for getting in my way.  I just shrug.  He puts everything back together, walking away, extremely proud of himself that the freezer is no longer making that annoying vibrating noise.  I turn off the sink.  It still leaks.

 

2.  An empty house makes a beautiful slate for decorating and you can learn from HGTV.

an empty house  hgtv

When his exwife moved out she took most of the furnishings.  He hasn't had much of a reason or finances to decorate until now.  Slowly he's been buying pieces here and there.  I've been coming over to new pieces recently more frequently.  His tutor?  HGTV.  I am actually dorkishly getting into it.  We spent a day together watching the darn channel.  Oh yeah, we're dorks.

 

3.  When an elevator's availible able bodied people will NOT take the stairs 99% of the time.

got4livesnoww-20.jpg

I work in a hospital setting.  I work on the 5th floor.  Everyday when I arrive and leave there are people that take the elevator to the 2nd floor.  It's one flight of stairs.  If I worked on the 2nd floor, I would take the stairs for health benefits.  I try to run the 5 flights at least twice a week anyway.  I see able bodied people everyday that take the elevator.  I see people that *should* take the stairs and don't.  Of course, as a disclaimer I should say that I don't know why they are in the hospital and they probably need the elevator.  However, it boggles my mind how lazy we as a society have become.

 

4.  I've learned not to get mad when Bill says things like, "You're a 12 to me baby, on a scale of 1-10.  Of course, I am full of shi*."  LOL!

Funny

I don't simply because he's got that personality...  You know, the one where he says things like that and you know you're supposed to get mad, but they say it with such charm and then love you and tell you what they really think so you know they were truly joking?  It takes a pretty self-assured man to say that to a woman he knows has access to his home...  ;)

 

5.  I'm SUCH a dork!

Image

Andrew Jackson's Hermitage is my idea of a GREAT way to spend a Saturday.  My first Saturday without a child in over a year I slept in then Bill and I spent the day there.  Not only that, but I bought the first of a three part biography, the first of 1500ish pages to read, which I took to with gusto, and we bought a copy of the Declaration of Independence to frame in his dining room. 

 

6.  I'm finally learning to cook.

sauce 1

I have always had about 4 dishes I knew how to make, all from cans/boxes.  I am finally learning how to actually cook.  As Bill says, "It's not hard honey, cooking is just adding heat to food and seasoning to taste."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers