Thursday, January 14, 2010

Home... *sigh*

I know, I know, long time, no blog.  My new job keeps me incredibly busy.  There's not as much time for internet activites, while I love them.  Heck, I don't even have much time to read Elizabeth I biographies, which Bill mercilessly makes fun of me for. 

We had all the kids for Christmas, except mine.  She went to visit her dad.  She returns tomorrow.  If you Facebook, all the photos are there.  Add me if you want to see them.  We still have K until Sunday. 

Last night we were up late watching a movie.  I've lost 20 pounds since March.  I get up early and work out on my elliptical (almost) everyday.  But, alas, we were up late and I slept in.  This evening when I got home I jumped on it real quick before dinner.  I heard the boys laughing and having a grand time in the living room.  When I finished my workout and walked back up the stairs into the living room there was the love of my life, my partner, my manly man, sitting in the floor in his tshirt and underwear, molding a snowman out of PlayDo.  I stood there a minute, and just watched him play with his son.  K hasn't been getting naps this week, so he's been whiny at times but in that moment, and seeing the silly picture they made, I fell in love with him again. 

Our life isn't perfect, but it sure is good.  This year he took a pretty large paycut and things haven't been as, luxurious, as in the past.  In fact he looked at me the other night and asked me, "It's for better or for worse, right?"  I got tickled and said, "Honey, I don't recall making those vows with you."  He laughed and then said, "Well, this is pretty much the worst."  I thought, "This is the worst?  I can handle this."  Life is good.  I fall asleep every night with his arms around me.  I wake up every morning, work out, shower, and jump back in bed for a few precious minutes of snuggles.  And you know what?  He reaches for me. 

Home really is where the heart is.  And my heart resides in his arms.  As much as I should probably be a "modern woman" and crow about how I don't need a man, I desperately need him.  And, since I'm proclaiming it here publically, apparently I'm not afraid to show it. 


Us with Koda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers