Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jesus on my side! 5/30/2009

Yesterday I was downstairs at my hospital where they were having an accessories sale to benefit the auxillary or somesuch.  They do this every so often.  It's great, it's like a mall at my work :D!  Anyway, as I was waiting to check out there was a lady in front of me who wouldn't QUIT talking to the clerk.  I was have done retail, and by necessity, quite a bit of loss prevention.  I saw her slip a small wallet photo holder into the bag she handed the clerk to pay for.  My alarm went off...  The sharp eyed clerk pulled it out and added it to her total.  She kept talking about the weather and the great merchandise and finally she paid for her purchases.  As she was about to walk away I saw a shiny ring on her hand.  Before I could say something the clerk said, "Ma'am, did you want to purchase that ring?"  She looked up, surprised, and then to her coworker, before jerking it off and apologizing profusely.  Then she walked as fast as she could to the cafeteria where I ended up behind her in line again. 

She had one shoulder that sat lower than the other, indicative of a surgery or injury, the kind my office usually braces in the correct position for healing.  As a lady she knew walked by she asked how the shoulder was.  She told her she was in therapy but it was ok because "I've got Jesus on my side.  He's always there for me and He'll get me through."  Now, I'm not knocking Jesus in anyway, but since I had just witnessed her intentionally shoplift, I was disgusted.  THAT. REALLY. PISSES. ME. OFF.  Proclaim your love for Jesus but steal anyway...  I hate hypocrits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers