Sunday, January 10, 2010

She's growing up 11/11/2008

The other morning C and I were getting ready for the day.  I made her sit on the bathroom counter while I brushed her hair.  Bad idea.  She had tangles.  "Mommy!  You hurt me!"  I kept apologizing but I had to get them out.  Finally she looked up at me and said the words I thought I'd never hear:
"Mommy, you not my best fwiend anymore."
I was shocked.  1 that she knew what a best friend was and 2 that she could use emotional manipulation like that at such a young age.  I mean, she already has the cling-til-I'm-late-for-work thing down pat, but this??? 
I finally gathered myself enough to say, "Don't say that, you'll make me cry." 
"No, I won't!" she giggled as she jumped down and ran upstairs to finish getting dressed.  The rest of the morning went smoothly but I was still dumbfounded.
Her teacher, when I told her what she said, asked, "And did she finish it with 'and you can't come to my party'?"  I laughed and said no.  She said she'd heard that one last week.  Apparently there really is nothing new under the sun...


 

I may not be her best fwiend anymore, but I think we still get along pretty well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers