Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just Ducky 3/27/2009

So last week it was so pretty I brought my tennis shoes and went walking down by the duck pond on my hospital's property.  It is so peaceful there that I didn't even miss the fact that I had no radio.  It was such a nice, peaceful respite from the office with the ringing phones, computer notifications, and loud patients.  I snapped some photos yesterday and think they turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.


 


Weeping Willow


 


We have geese too...

 

Today it was raining.  I was so disappointed.  I ended up getting a pretty good workout by walking each floor of the hospital twice and running the stairs in between floors. 

What's so funny is I hate working out, but walking, well, that's different.  That's just... walking.  And I feel like I'm accomplishing something.  I guess I am.  I set up an account on http://www.fitday.com and have been tracking food intake, activities, etc.  I've lost 1.5 pounds since last Thursday!  Small victories...  Small successes...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers