Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We're so done with bugs 4/24/2009

I got the call the C has lice again from daycare yesterday.  As I was trying to talk to the daycare I started to feel weak and then woke up on the floor.  I'm a little stressed apparently.  Also, I had been low carbing without upping my protein intake enough.  Oops...  I'm presenting my thesis tomorrow, the semester is fast coming to a close, and work is always somewhat stressful.  The lice was apparently the straw the broke the camel's back.



My coworker got me up and maintained.  We made sure there were no serious injuries.  Bump on the head, bruise on the shin (from the computer tower), and bump on the shoulder.  I'm pretty sure there's some carpet burn on my knee too.  My coworker called Bill from my phone.  Bill said he was a little disconcerted to hear a male voice answer his "Hey babe."  Bill dropped everything to come get me and then C.  He was very busy on the job but he came anyway.  He was in the Boro and I was in Hermitage.  He came anyway.  After he got us both he told C is she'd let him use the clippers on her hair he'd buzz his for her. 



We got home and he was so patient with her.  He kept telling her how pretty she was going to be and that she was going to look like Tinkerbell with her pixie cut.  She did very well.  She sat in the floor of the bathroom in front of him and read a book and sang ABCs.  We washed everything and bagged up all her toys (again).  I told her we could paint her nails and toenails anytime.  She kept telling me "hair grows just like flowers mommy!"  And "It's hair just like daddy's!"  (Daddy is in the Army).



This morning she picked out her prettiest dress to wear and headed out to school.  When Bill dropped us off at my car (couldn't drive home yesterday) I told him I loved him.  I heard this little voice holler at him, "I luf you too!"  It was almost my undoing.  I wanted to cry.  She's so resilient.  Children are resilient.  Things have been hectic and stressful but she's just rolling with the punches.

c09e28772e076458a22e02d00785ff6b1.gif he loves me image by esteefanyy

And I didn't really need the proof, but he does love me, so much!  I don't know what I would have done without his help yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers