Sunday, January 10, 2010

Signs From The Road 9/29/2008

I went to Shreveport this weekend.  Yeah, you read that right, as in Lousiana.  My boyfriend is "the best Daddy in the world!"  (He says that translates into sucker.)  Anyway, for his 14 year old we took a very quick, 24 hour trip down to LA and we could not have made worse decisions regarding exits or seeing some funnier things. 

Rule 1 - Don't expect coffee in Memphis.  We stopped at 4, yes 4, gas stations and there was NO COFFEE.  WTF, mate?  We left the gas shortage behind just to find a coffee shortage?  At the last store a really nice clerk brewed us some fresh after we were about to spontaneously combust.

Rule 2 - Louisiana stinks.  Bill said it was a paper mill smell.  I thought he farted - a lot.  IT STINKS.  Get used to it.  No amount of Febreze will take care of it. 

Rule 3 - If you eat at the Waffle Houses in Louisana, they set each individual serving piece down for you very precisely.  It's quite nice.  Here in Tennessee they just toss it on the table. 

Rule 4 - Just because there are billboards for 50+ miles heralding a restaurant, don't expect it to be there.  We were promised a Western Sizzlin for 50ish miles.  When we finally got there there was nothing but the concrete pad it used to be on and the Sunday paper machine out front.

Rule 5 - Don't trust any food in Forrest City, AR, not even the fries.  Ick.

Rule 6 - The churches think pretty highly of themselves on the I30.  I saw the Bossier COC:

And then I was warned:

Fear tactics are always SO effective.

Rule 7 - I40/I30 is the place to buy a giant X for your house.  Many businesses are trying to sell giant Xs.  I don't get it.  I saw LOTS of these signs on the trip.

Rule 8 - NEVER believe the exit signs that promises a McDonalds:

*Sigh*  When we got on the east side of Memphis I was so happy to be back in Tennessee.  In Arkansas there is a KFC/Taco Bell on every exit.  At least here there's a Cracker Barrel on every exit.  Home Cookin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers