Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby! 12/14/2008

Four years and nine months ago today I woke up feeling icky.  My sugar was low, I felt faint, and I took a pregnancy test in the afternoon.  15 seconds later I was pregnant.  When I called my doctor, who by now was an old friend, he asked how I was, "Pregnant, how are you?"  He actually said, "No you're not." 

I was told, with my issues, I was lucky to have her young, at 22.  It hasn't always been an easy road.  I threw up almost everyday for nine months.  I was in labor for 28 hours.  Post partum depression was huge, as was colic, and plain old first time mommy issues.  But every day when I realize she's not getting any smaller and I remember how she used to be, I realize my grandmother was right, every stage is precious, and I need to cherish her here and now, and not regret the past, mistakes I may have made, things I wish I'd done.  The present is what counts. 

ae59.jpg The New Addition image by allicadabra
One hour old...  I'm so swollen because my blood pressure was sky high.
 
a336.jpg After Effects of Too Much Football image by allicadabra   
Too much football - one month old  
d236.jpg Doc Holding Caroline image by allicadabra
Meeting her godfather.  Tough guy said she was "too small"
Two months
8f25.jpg Little Soldier image by allicadabra
That's a Build-A-Bear outfit
Three Months
d0ce.jpg View from My Seat image by allicadabra
Redneck Mobile
Four Months
9321.jpg Head on Collision image by allicadabra
Move it, Noncom!
Seven Months
1a47.jpg Trying to Climb image by allicadabra
She can even make Canadian Commanders goo and gah...
Eight Months
3938.jpg Yummy image by allicadabra
First Birthday
415a.jpg Allison and Caroline image by allicadabra
Fourteen Months
b1ba.jpg Playing with Daddy image by allicadabra
Playstation with Daddy
Fifteen Months
7a69.jpg Easter 2006 3 BW image by allicadabra
Easter 2006
eb9c.jpg Taking Daddy for a Walk II image by allicadabra
Taking Dad for a Walk
Seventeen Months
ed72.jpg Riding the Rocket image by allicadabra
Up, Up, & Away at the Air Force Base
Nineteen Months
c545.jpg Walking 1 image by allicadabra
Twenty Months
6edf.jpg Caroline in Wheelbarrow image by allicadabra
Happy Apple Farm
Twenty One Months
633b.jpg On The Phone image by allicadabra
Twenty Two Months
7f0e.jpg Get Your Own Box image by allicadabra 
e2fa.jpg Baby Bathrobe image by allicadabra
Two Years Old
EucerinBaby.jpg image by allicadabra
Lotion Girl Feb. 2007
e9ff.jpg Another Koda Picture image by allicadabra
Fire Truck Day at the Park
June 2007
WalkingMyBikeVI.jpg image by allicadabraa
August 2007
IMG00090.jpg image by allicadabraa
Found Mommy's Lipstick
February 2008
IMG00216.jpg image by allicadabraa
Laundry Day
May 2008
IMG00408.jpg image by allicadabraa
Going Krogering
August 2008
scan0004.jpg image by allicadabraa
scan0003.jpg image by allicadabraa
scan0002.jpg image by allicadabraa
First School Picture
October 2008
100_4512.jpg image by allicadabraa
December 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers