Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Simple Kiss 6/25/2009

We have been busy.  B-U-S-Y.  Bill's been working on a friend's boat so we can hopefully take it out for the 4th.  I started a new job.  The kids are always time consuming.  To say I've felt disconnected from him is an understatement. 

Last night I texted him about something I missed and he simply texted back, "I do too."  Many times, just knowing he misses me and feels the same is enough.  I was asleep when he got in last night, trying to get My Last Dime running.  This morning I got up to start coffee and crawled back in bed for a few more precious minutes of shut eye.  He was on his back so I snuggled up next to him and lay my head on his chest.  He stirred and reached down to me.  He hooked his finger under my chin, pulled my face up, and softly kissed my lips.  Then we fell back into slumber.  For the moment, that was enough.  Being treated sweetly and cherishingly, no matter how brief, keeps me happy. 

This morning on my way to work I had texted him a sweet song lyric.  His response?  "I got a good woman's lovin'".  The line is from Montgomery Gentry's "Lucky Man".  Simple acts of love keep me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers