Sunday, January 10, 2010

Honey, I bought you a dumpster! 8/19/2009

After working on his retaining wall all weekend, my honey was musing about what he needed to do next.  And yes, I did help, although I'm not sure I was much of one.  He was the one moving boulders with a crow bar.  I was just shoving flat little rocks underneath to steady the boulders to a constant refrain of "Don't get your fingers under there honey!"  Oh, and then I managed to dump dirt all over me from the shovel.  Of course, HAD my fingers been crushed, I'm sure my work could have fashioned me a right pretty new one. 

100_4231.jpg image by allicadabraa

Then, the love of my life tells me he needs fill dirt for the yard.  "Dirt?" I ask, "I just bought you a dumpster and now you want dirt too?"  Yes, we had a dumpster in the yard.  He tore down the old shed, we tossed other things in there.  It was handy.  Wow, I bought him a dumpster, how romanitc.

a dumpster

Later he was reading a blog online and the girl said that her boyfriend had built a fence in his backyard for his backyard.  She said she loved watching him do things like that.  My honey said, "A fence?  Ohhh...  He built a fence.  She should send him over here and I'll have him moving boulders with his bare hands."  I laughed out loud. 

IMG00474.jpg image by allicadabraa  IMG00473.jpg image by allicadabraa 

100_4219.jpg image by allicadabraa

100_4232.jpg image by allicadabraa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers