Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Slow Day at the Valvoline 3/10/2009

So here I am, at the local Valvoline for the second time in as many days. I came in yesterday to get my a/c charged. When I pulled up I was the only one there. I got the royal treatment. Four technicians stood in front of my vehicle, all working on mine. Lol! It was group thinking at its finest.

Let me first say I love this little VIOC. Since I transferred in June they've been taking care of my oil changes, etc. It is not even officially spring but Sunday when I tried to turn on my air in my stuffy car there was no cold air at all. Time to check it out BEFORE it gets to be 95 in the shade. They pulled over the big machine and reached for the coils. Oh oh. Apparently their special coil removing wrench had walked away. They set me up on the vacuum and the manager ran to Auto Zone for another one.

When everything was finally finished I still didn't have the frigid air I was supposed to have. Oh oh again. They figured out the over/under switch in my compressor was out. Beautiful. As I had to get back to work I promised to return today at lunch. As I sit here now in the waiting area I am amused. They can't find my fuse box. According to my manual my vehicle has two: one in the engine compartment, which they found and one in the passenger cabin, which they're still looking for. They are as perplexed as I am. Ill let you know how it goes...


Something else that is funny?  The only female tech here was Cindy yesterday and today she is Mai-Ling.  At least, that's what her shirt says...  I wonder if she does that just to mess with people or they haven't ordered an women's cut shirts?




[So I don't think you can see them all, but there are two guys standing up at my hood, one guy off to the side, and another guy and the girl under my car.  :D]

Ok, they found it and I now have cold. Yay! I am, once again, the only one here so there are 5 people looking at my car. It better be right! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Blog Archive

Followers