Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nashville Mother's Day Flood Project

My five year old daughter was watching the news with me one morning last week. The reporter interviewed a high school age girl who was helping with the clean up efforts. She said, "You don't have to know how to do dry wall to help. If you can use paper towels and rubber gloves, you can help." My tender hearted five year old turns, looks at me and asks, "Mommy, when do we get to go help?" My answer was as soon as I figure out something safe for you to do. And so, a friend of an old coworker of mine came up with the idea to make cookies and cards to distribute to the mom's affected by the Nashville floods.

I thought this was a fantastic idea. A friend of mine and her two children came over Friday night. That 4, 5, and 6 year old worked for hours making three dozen cards and helping us make nine dozen cookies for goodie bags for the moms. We kept telling them they were going to make mommies very happy. They were proud.

05.07.2010

05.07.2010

05.07.2010

05.07.2010

05.07.2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Followers