Saturday, March 6, 2010

I know... I know...

I know, I know. I said I was going to blog a lot. Well, then I realized I actually have a job that keeps me busy and with my commitment to working out every morning puts me to bed before the hours I used to blog. If you keep up with my facebook at all you've seen that the Yacht Club went to Gulf Shores a few weeks ago.

Photobucket
Sunrise, Palm Trees, SIGH....

When we were unloading we had two five day coolers. The guys, smart asses that they are, carried them in one trip up the stairs. Todd quipped as we all belly laughed, "Hey, somebody's saving a trip!"

Photobucket

Paige and I ran around while the boys and Red went on the boat the first day. The boys texted us about 11 saying the boat had broken, Todd was depressed and they were back at the house drinking margaritas. That was his solution to the problem. :) He had just had the boat worked on and for some reason the wiring caught on fire. I don't think that's good for the boat...

Photobucket

Saturday we rented a pontoon boat to go shrimping. Chris had bought a cast net and everything. We didn't catch anything but we had the most wonderful ride. We went through Perdido Bay and up into the bayous. We stopped for bait and bathroom at this random biker bar on a peninsula. There was live music, well behaved dogs EVERYWHERE, and fun people. There was also a boat moored there flying the Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship Flag. I was sitting on the top deck, yelled at the captain, "Roll Tide!" He looked up, fist pumped me, and said, "YES MA'AM!" Gotta love Alabama Football.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the way back to the marina we beached at this wildlife preserve island and simply enjoyed the late afternoon. Todd and Paige saw a sting ray when they walked to the other side of the island. Red made a photo opportunity and we took some pictures there too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So we pushed off and cruised through between the two islands until we saw the "No Motor Zone" sign. We turned back around as the sun was sinking low. We got some fabulous pictures of the sun setting on the water. Then we saw two dolphins racing another boat in the bay. Soon, they came up and raced our boat. They were within five feet of us. It made renting the pontoon absolutely worth it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the way back we drove to Hattiesburg, MS to eat at Ponchos, the Mexican restaurant Chris and Todd LOVE. We got home and collapsed into bed. But what a wonderful trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Followers