Thursday, August 12, 2010

Whew

I feel like I should be sad. My baby started kindergarten today. I'm not. I'm extremely proud of how far we've come and how well she did. I didn't shed one tear. I did swell with pride as I watched her dress herself and help me pack her lunch. And then when we got her settled and walked out of the room? She never even looked up. I am so very proud of the job I've done. It's milestones like this and how we handle them that makes me realize we've come a long way baby. I finished college, earned my degree. I persevered through long semesters, expensive childcare, and a crappy job. I persevered through a divorce. I found love again. And somewhere along the way I've managed to mold my child into an acceptable, well behaved, adorable kid. So tonight, I raise a glass to us.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Happily unmarried for over three years now. Between us we have 5 children. Work full time. Graduated with my bachelor's May 2009. Life is hectic but always interesting. It's worth it. We make it work though. Just another day in paradise...

AddThis

Share |

Followers